Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day to the Lucky Mama's and Mama's-To-Be Out There!

Mother's day has been a difficult day for the past few years.  I've always tried to stay upbeat and positive about days like this knowing that one day, I will get a homemade card and macaroni necklace too.  We've used this day to celebrate the mother figures in our lives and how much we love them for being so wonderful to us.  Unfortunately, for many waiting mamas-to-be, Mother's day can often serve as a reminder of what we don't yet have.

Today, while out for quick appetizers, a friend of ours wished me a happy 'future' mother's day.  It was the sweetest thing and I immediately teared up.  I hadn't really thought I counted for this holiday yet.

I'm working on building my relationships and connections with other adoptive families to work through some of these tough times and found some great articles! 

How To Stay Upbeat This Mother's Day
How To Celebrate An Adoptive Mom-To-Be on Mother's Day
How to Survive a Mother's Day When You're Waiting to Adopt

To all the mothers and mothers-to-be whether through adoption or not, may I wish you a very happy Mother's day!

Kelly


No comments:

Post a Comment