Sunday, April 21, 2013

Getting Ready for The Unknown...

I've found Sundays to be a great day to document our journey.  My mind is not full of the week's craziness quite yet and I have a clear(ish) head.

We have heard from so many people that the waiting period between dossier and referral is the longest.  For a long time,  I didn't buy it.  We have been at this process for nearly 20 months and have found each step nearly as frustrating as the last, if not more.  I WAS WRONG!!!  This wait is excruciatingly painful.  Every time the phone rings I stop breathing for a few seconds.  I just cannot believe that one day, we will receive a call saying they've chosen a child for us! 

In the meantime we're attempting to focus our energies on what we can control.  Getting things in order, preparing for the upcoming garage sale, and just living our lives.  (I really want to paint the kids' room but Tony is holding strong...)  :) 

 Now, we have no way of knowing when we'll get our referral.  It could be this week or next year.  What a ride!  Who needs the amusement park, just adopt! 

Ashe

No comments:

Post a Comment